Thursday, August 11, 2011

Current Drugstore Favorites...

Thrifty items / Great results:


1. Yes to blueberries Overnight Hydrating Cream: $15.99 www.amazon.com  I grabbed this while shopping at target, I LOVE it! It is so moisturizing! Use it before bed and wake up with dewy moisturized skin.  
2. Burt's Bees Nourishing lip balm with mango butter: $2.99 www.drugstore.com I wanted an alternative to petroleum based lip products, (being a religious user of vaseline and rosebud salve).  I decided on this burt's bees version.  I love this lip balm because it is so smooth and soft (but has more staying power than 'soft lips') /  it's not sticky / it has a very faint yet delicious flavor, but not so much that you feel like your eating it.  Im addicted!
3. Burt's Bees Radiance Body Lotion: $10.33 www.amazon.com  Yet another burt's bees product.  I like this lotion because a it goes on so easily and smoothly. It drives me crazy when a body lotion feels like it can't be spread around, so annoying.  This lotion has a nice soft fragrance, and a light shimmer, and I dont mean glitter! Just a little 'Radiance'.
4. Last but not least, thanks right Baking Soda: $2.99 www.drugstore.com  I try to use all natural cleaning products when ever I can; I hate breathing in the harsh fumes of non-natural cleaning products.  Baking soda is one of the best and cheapest!  I use it for everything from cleaning fruits and veggies, to scrubbing the sink and bath tub, to making an air freshener (a small bowl of baking soda with a few drops of essential oil), to preventing drain clogs with baking soda and vinegar.  Look at the back of the box, or visit one of the many websites dedicated to baking soda uses- yes they exist, here is one example: thenewhomemaker.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
All of my items are hand crafted by me in my Brooklyn, NY studio. I believe in USA hand made, supporting local, and supporting quality. All materials I use are sourced and purchased from vendors in the USA. I truly am inspired so much by nature. Just walk outside and there's millions of things to be inspired by, whether city or country. At different points in my life, or year, or day I can look at the same thing and see it in a completely new way. I realize Im not the first person to be inspired by nature, but I find it amazing how we can all be inspired so uniquely by it. I am a pretty practical person; I feel designs should have form AND function. I USE all of my designs to ensure ease of use, aesthetic appeal, and versatility. If at the end of the day I don't love it, it goes back to the drawing board; or on the back burner; or just tossed on the 'prototype' pile. I also make sure all my designs are items I personally would love to give as gifts.